I’m a nerd so obviously I’m proud of the gear I’m rock’n. On a side note, Ryzen is looking especially delicious these days..
- Displays: One Dell E2211, One Viewsonic VA2259smh
- Case: Corsair Carbide 330R w/ 2x Corsair SP120 (Static Pressure) Fans for Intake
- CPU: Intel Core I5 2500K @ 4.6GHz w/ Vcore @ 1.38V, Cooled with Phantek PHTC14PE
- Motherboard: Intel DZ68BC w/ v28 BIOS
- Memory: 16GB DDR3 Patriot Gamer G2 Series @ 1600 MHz (9-9-9-24) @ 1.5V
- GPU: MSI GTX 970 (100ME) @ Stock Frequencies; I don’t even have Afterburner installed!
- PSU: Rosewill Capstone Powersupply 750Watt, 80 PLUS Gold Effiency
- Storage: Samsung Evo 840 250GB (OS/Apps) Kingston V300 SSDNow 60GB, V200+ 90GB (Games/Apps), WD Blue Caviar 64MB Cache 1TB (Storage),
- Mouse: Corsair RGB M65 (Black) w/ Mionix Propus 380 Mousepad
- Keyboard Temp: MagicForce Cherry Mx Blue 68 Key; while this keyboard isn’t that bad, you will miss the F keys
- Keyboard2: Currently offline: Coolermaster QuickFire Rapid w/ Blank White Keycaps, Clear ORings—I spilled crap on it and it resulted in a small subset in the bottom right corner of the keyboard not to click anymore despite disassembly and cleaning. I have desoldered the 10 or so keys in question and have a set of new Cherry MX Blues coming in soon.
- Audio: [2.1 Setup] 2xJBL LSR305 w/ Polk Audio PSW10 Subwoofer, [Headphone w/ Desktop] Sony MDR-100AAP & Smakn X5 DAC, [Travel Setup] Sony MDR-100ABN + 1More Triple Driver IEM + FiiO X3II Player; Incoming Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE4XX in Dec.
- Mic: Blue Snowball
- Laptop: Huawei Matebook X
- Display One E2211 Display has spontaneously developed a cluster of dead pixels. It is actively growing and now has a couple of lines extending as much as five inches from the initial cluster of pixels. Fascinating.
Office (Work place):
- Mouse: Steelseries Sensei Rubbersized (RAW) + Tesoro Aegis X4
- Keyboard: Rantopad MXX 87-Key w/ Cherry MX Brown Switches and White Leds
Legacy (Retired/Failed) Andromeda Components:
- Displays Halter Dual LCD Stand - Unable to clamp on my new desk..
- GPU: Sapphire Battlefield 4 Edition R9290 flashed to 290X BIOS @ 830/1300 w/ Power Limit @ 20, using Arctic Accelero Extreme IV, Gelid VRM Cooling Enhancement Kit, and Blue Akust VRAM Heatsinks -This was expensive project trying to salvage a poor product. It was fun while it lasted.
- Audio: IEM: Xiaomi Pistons v2.0 & 3.0 - Replaced with 1More Triple Drivers, Ultrasones DJ1 Pro - Replaced with Sony MDR-100AAP, Creative AC220 - Replaced with JBLs
- CPU Cooler: Corsair H55 Closed Loop Water Cooler (Pump failure)
- Motherboard: Asus P8P67PRO Motherboard (onboard Audio failure)
- Storage Toshiba 150GB (spontaneously died; stopped being detected mid usage)
- Power Supply: Thermaltake TR600 (Significant Coil Whine), Corsair CX750M (No longer powers rig, but passes paperclip Test)
- LG Nexus 5X on Project Fi
- Kindle HDX 7; Literally collecting dust, FireOS is bleh
Potential Next Rig
- Case: I really like the DAN A4-SFX case. and the NCASE M1. They are both super small in footprint, however are both not readily available and are expensive.
- CPU: Ryzen for sure. I want the extra cores; IPC is becoming less relevant in this “fast enough” day and age. Core count, however, reduces rendering time for videos by a noticeable amount of time. Maybe a 1700, but I want to be able to OC to 4 GHz cause I like nice numbers. The extra dollars for 1800/X do not look enticing for me.
- Mobo: Hoping for an Asus or MSI ITX Ryzen motherboard to come out. Sorry Biostar, Asrock and Gigabyte.
- GPU: 1070 GTX Mini; Small case calls for a small GPU. This is a little monster.
- PSU: Probably the SilverStone SX600-G
- Storage: Samsung 960 nvme SSD, larger Samsung Evo SSD [ no more mechanical drives please :) ]
- Display: I want a ultra wide monitor with more than 1080 in veritical resolution. Two problems: it will be a pain to move and won’t function as well as two seperate monitors (which would be cheaper as well)
Potential Next Device
- iPhone: I want an iPhone but I’m on Project Fi so my choices are limited…